Friday, May 29, 2009

A Break in the Action

Despite what you may think, life isn’t always about gardening. Sometimes, it’s also about Harry Potter, which is why I attended Leaky Con last week. (Well, that and I’m actually on staff at The Leaky Cauldron and my group hosted round table discussions.) It was incredible to meet people some, of whom I’ve only ever met online before.





It was a pick me up and I really needed one, because all of the cucumbers that I lovingly raised from seeds died. Plus, half of our tomato plants from Burpee also bought it and I’m not sure how the remaining ones will do. And here I thought I was so great seed starting all of my plants. Rick replaced the dead plants while I was away so I didn’t have to see the sad process. To add insult to injury, some animal is getting into the grow bed along the fence is digging up the beans that I planted. It’s even chewed off the sprouts. Needless to say, I’m irate. So, I went back to gardeners.com and got a few things that will keep critters out of the beds. Still…if I find the critter doing it, I’ll tie its tail in a knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment